something for the pub

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Gareth, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Gareth

Gareth New Member

Hello boys and girls, here is a little something for you to try out at your local pub and impress a few people. if you know how this works or have seen / done this before then please dont reveal it. i will tell you how it works in a week or so.
    all i need you to do is read the following paragraph and post an entry telling us how many F's you can see

here it is:

From the first day of my contract with Disney, i knew of all the choices i had, following my dream was the right one to make. Disney was the best year of my life!!!!

Gareth

2. trouble

trouble New Member

i've seen this before!!!! i know the answer but i want to see what the others say!

3. angela

angela New Member

4. ellen101

ellen101 New Member

i counted 6! :D

5. Hilke

Hilke New Member

me too: 6!

6. franzi

franzi New Member

mmmh.. I counted 7 ???

7. angela

angela New Member

I see 6 now, but is there 7?

I read that thing so many damn times too!

8. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

yeh, i counted 7 too......... but then again im pretty thick sometimes, so this is prob the wrong answer, it sounds like a trick question anyway!

ciao for now

laura
    xxx

9. Hilke

Hilke New Member

Now I have seven ,too...how weird is that... ::)

10. Gareth

Gareth New Member

ha ha ha, for a minute there i couldnt see how many there were!!!!!! the correct answer is 7, but i think i may have wrote it down wrong. i guess it would have been more affective with cap locks on. basically the crazy thing about it is that the human brain doesnt recognise that there is an F in the word "of". crazy but true. if you smoke or know someone who smokes then have a look on the inside of the carton lid, here in the UK we have a brand called Embassy, on the inside of the packet it says "MADE OF FINE VIRGINIA TOBACCO" it catches every one out. always a good thing to try with people down the pub, will send them nuts, especially if they have had a few drinks.

Gareth

11. DigitalPhear

DigitalPhear New Member

What the hell is wrong with me..I only see 3 no matter how many times I read! ???

12. Louisa

Louisa New Member

I saw 12 :D

13. Gareth

Gareth New Member

hey digital phear dont worry about it, 9 out of 10 people will see the same as you. to see 6 or 7 first time out is supposed to be a sign of a genius so congrats to all that did.

Gareth

14. trouble

trouble New Member

gareth you are tooooooo funny! i new they would fall for it, i did it on another site and got it wrong the first time. oops! ;) later, Laura!

15. Louisa

Louisa New Member

well i thought there had to be som weard things aboute this so I thoght the answer could be 1, because ther is only one BIG F. and it could be 12 if you count the t-s when you see t-s in amirror they become f-s.. the anwser is many.. evne though as you said the right answer is 7.

16. Gareth

Gareth New Member

cheers trouble, i love these sorts of things. does anyone know any others??

its all good louisa, i see what you mean, but i was wondering where you got 12 from.

Gareth