Tax form is a night mare!!

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Charly, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Charly

Charly New Member

Hey everyone,

I received the tax form for money refund but I have no idea what to do with it!??
    SOS!! I want my money back!:!;)

Thanx for your help!
    Charlotte

2. Floeckchen2301

Floeckchen2301 New Member

:eek:
    You got it already?? Thats good, I just hope I'll get it.

wanna try www.thetaxguy.com ?? ??? Dun know if its a good way, but it's at least one way to get it done and get the money...

Anybody other ideas???

c ya

3. Charly

Charly New Member

Already tried but that's chinese for me..
    I'll try to find some help from someone who's used to it, if not i'll go again on this site..
    We have untill mid of June to return it that's not an emergency but i 'd like to get ride of it the soonest possible!
    thanx all the same!

4. Gareth

Gareth New Member

charly were you food and bev or merch?

Gareth

5. Charly

Charly New Member

None of them, I was from Rubio, the Kart which was doing portraits and painting on parasols..!

6. Gareth

Gareth New Member

oh right ok cool, were you able to accept tips there or were you on a fixed wage??

i found the tax form real easy to fill out, just dont over read it and put down the answers you have from the form disney give you. the one that splits into 4. i got every penny back if my memory serves me correct.
    i asked for all my money back, where it said what should i have paid i put in zero's

but i was merch so i didnt have to account for tips and stuff, dont know if thats what makes the tax forms difficult for some, or if its that you are over reading it.

sorry if this is no help

Gareth

7. Floeckchen2301

Floeckchen2301 New Member

???it might helps...

:-\where did you get the form to fill in???

c ya

8. Mancia

Mancia New Member

I was on the program in 98/99 and at tax time they had sessions in the Commons clubhouse where a tax guy walked us through the entire process. Do they not do this anymore? I would check and see it that will be happening for you. Good Luck!

9. Shrooden

Shrooden New Member

Hey everyone- this guy can do all your tax forms for you!

His name is Frank- and his e-mail is:

libertykissimmee@msn.com

He has offices not far from the commons and got our money back 2 years in a row both 03 and 04. He can also get you the money by direct bank transfer if you are still in Orlando and it took about 10 days!

He can also file it for you if you have now finished the program and are back in your country of residence. Good luck all!

Simon

10. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Anyone from the UK got their forms yet through the post?

11. Charly

Charly New Member

thanks for all your answers...!!
    I'm not anymore at the commons, and i'm from a "participant' company, I just received a form with what I earnt and what I paid, in 4 copies, and I just do not know what to fill out, what to send back, to who, etc.. but i'm going to ask to the guy Simon proposed thanks!!

12. Shrooden

Shrooden New Member

Hey all

Gismo- we didn't get our forms last year for a while after the new year but dont worry- they do arrive!

Also Charly, Frank is deffo worth dropping a line- if you have a scanner it's helpful as you can send him copies of your W2 for, passport/ Social card etc.

Several years ago you used to get every penns back providing you earned under £8000, but now the US law changed and you have to file as a non American so only your first $3000 roughly is tax free- but he will get you what you are owed!

Any more Q's please feel free!

Good luck!
    Simon

13. Quark

Quark New Member

First of all, you don't need to go through a tax guy, as it is not that complicated at all.

Secondly, while what you say is true (and I filed as a non-resident last year, since it didn't make any difference), everybody else filed as resident and STILL got their money back. So this year, where more money is at stake, I'll just try getting taxed as a resident. Either they don't check at all, they check after a certain amount or they check sporadically - and in all cases it is worth a try. Don't think it can hurt apart from the fact that it will take longer if something is wrong.

You can get the forms on the IRS website www.irs.gov, the forms are 1040NR-EZ if you want to try the safe way and 1040EZ if you want to try the "more money"-route.

Did anyone from a non-participant pavilion receive their W2 forms yet? So far I don't think any German has received their form yet.

14. Padda

Padda New Member

Hi everybody!

I received my W2 form and the 1040nr-ez, but dont know what to do with it. Quark, do you remember filling one out at all. May be you could post how to do it, for an immaginary cast member, non tipped, total tax withhold 300$ or so...

I heard something about a meetin at mickeys retreat about that topic...

cya pat

15. Quark

Quark New Member

I suppose you're still in Orlando? I don't really want to promise anything, but if you just fill out 1040NR-EZ just like written in the description you should be fine. There are instructions on how to do it on the IRS site as well. There really isn't anything to worry about, it says exactly what you need to put where even on the original form.
    If you would still have to pay taxes, you can also claim your trip to the state against the taxes, this is where it's getting complicated, because you need 1040NR (non-EZ) then and a seperate form. But if you just use 1040NR-EZ, it should really be a no-brainer. Just let me know if there is anything on that form that you're having a particular problem with and I'll be more than happy to help you.

16. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

I think the UK got theres yesterday or at least I did. Still confused as to how to complete the form but might be thinking it should be harder than it appears to be

17. Jamie

Jamie New Member

I had my tax form yesterday, not sure how to go about claiming my tax back as yet but i'm thinking it cant be that hard??

when you get the money back is it in dollars or pounds???

18. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Think you get a check in US dollars

19. Rudy

Rudy New Member

There's a tax guide on this site.
    it's not too hard, i had no help with the one i filled out at home and i still managed to get a cheque in the post. i think it just looks more complicated than it is. most of the information you need is on your last pay check from Disney.

:D

20. gismo1554

gismo1554 New Member

Ok didn't actually look in the tax section on here. I'm silly ::)