Termination stories?

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by SarahJane, May 14, 2005.

1. Jamie

Jamie New Member

hey Laura, I think your refering to Alex, he got termed for having an unopened bottle of spirits 2 weeks before he was 21.

The Commons was turing his apartment into a Wellness one, and some americans dad, whos son was moving in, came in and found it...he reported it to security and hey presto one termination served up!!

Al's termination was harsh....basically he took the rap for some drugs found in his apartment which weren't his....the whole apartment would of been termed if it wasn't for him!

And Scousers termination was just wrong....all he wanted to do was walk his gf Julie to the bus (which your supposed to be allowed to do) 'cos she lived at vista way, they wouldn't let him, asked to see his ID, Scouse handed it to them and they said you have a meeting in the morning....the report handed in by security stated that scouse had abused the female security guard!!

these terminations i remember as being highly unjust...though there were some people who got away with murder (not literally)

some people in the UK will remember someone who said he could not sit a guest at a table because he 'was going for a fag', revering to a cigerette, that went down well as you can imagine.

2. Celephaïs

Celephaïs New Member

I heard about this girl who was terminated because some other person told security that some girl under 21 had had a sip of her drink, so she was terminated as well.

That's bad when people go around trying to get others terminated...

3. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

that is a little harsh ;D

4. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

i never heard of anyone trying to get anyone else termed on purpose, thats just harsh......although if u had someone in your apartment who was being an annoying shit and doing drugs and leaving them lying around or watever then u had to tell because otherwise if a random search was done then u would all get termed

thanks jamie for clearing that one up about alex........that really sucked wen he got termed, it was soooo stoopid wen they started putting damn americans in the commons...... loads of places becoming wellness etc, i never knew if my apt was wellness or not but we had alcohol in there and i never got termed so it was all good........

(jamie did u and sarah get my email about august???? if not PM me and let me know and il send u a copy of it, i did send it and hoping it reached u 2!!!)

i was so mad wen al got termed cos it totally wasnt his fault at all, just remember seeing him sitting there at security the day that he officially got termed and it was really sad.

5. Jamie

Jamie New Member

yeah, the whole Al thing was terrible....though when he got termed he was in Florida for ages....so it was like he didnt get termed!! hehe

oh...and me and Sarah got the e-mail...hoping to be there...just depends on how work goes, gowes i'm hoping to get into some kinda management job soon!

6. soleil plage

soleil plage Guest

i lived with a girl who got terminated for telling her bosses she was going back to her home country to see her father (giving a story about him being ill or something) told everyone in the apartment she was going to Home to see a sick relative (to cover her tracks) and promptly went to NYC for a week (has scheduler had denied her time off).  Her bosses found out and she was fired within 2 weeks of getting back over a petty incident backstage

I knew so many people who were fired for being in the wrong place at the wrong time :-\

I nearly got terminated by being set up by phony letters/emails! - my advice? - watch your back!

7. Dougslar

Dougslar New Member

I'm so glad we weren't there when they started this wellness apartment thing!!! That would have been hell! Eleanor Rigby would have been out on her ear straight away!!!! It was always fun to buy alcohol for the underage!!!

Poor Andrea though she never deserved her termination!!! :(

8. *Laura*

*Laura* New Member

i once had a huge scare......

the day after a party where i had been really drunk, i had a phone call from security, the guy was saying that he needed me to come down from my apartment in 1013 to security for a meeting as i had been seen drinking and would possibly be terminated.......... i was shittin myself!! and then the voice at the other end of line cracked and it turned out to be another merch cast member from UK playing a prank on me.........

i was shaking i was that scared! lol, love it!!

9. Anika

Anika New Member

Oh, that´s mean... :D

10. Dan

Dan New Member

What I really liked was how Immigration came and told us, 2 weeks before my departure, that we should watch our backs because "statistically, 5 of you will be terminated".

No Quotas eh? Sounds like it to me.....

I had my own brushes with them too, which I don't wanna share if that's ok. But I know if they were in Europe, they wouldn't get away with any of these terminations and silly rules.

Dan

11. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

Really? I got a million of those stories.... When I was around there seemed to always be someone trying to get someone else terminated....

12. soleil plage

soleil plage Guest

Dan - i can definately believe you - think about how many people you know who got fired in suspicious cirumstances. (and think about how many were fired just before their contract was up!!...hmm.... I wonder who got all that Relocation money??!?!?!)

I don't want to talk about my brush with termination either - I have visions of newbies reading it and freaking out that Disney are psycho's hell bent on firing you!!

Ciao

13. Truls

Truls New Member

You got that right! But I'll try not to think about it :p

14. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Awww...Alex. I love Alex. Drunk Alex ALWAYS made my day. Gotta love any guy who can fall asleep half in his washing machine!!!

As for the peeing on the promenade incident...I'm still laughing about it. The throw-out was on our mutual bday.

Shan

15. backpackgirl79

backpackgirl79 New Member

i remember the night i was coming home for a visit in Feb 2002 a Cdn merchie got terminated :eek:
    i was wondering why helicopters were circling around above!
    because things got so crazy that night, security really started to become anal :-X
    the Commons was so mellow by the time i left in April, especially compared to when i first arrived...
    p.s: what is a "Wellness House?!?!" ???

16. Zanitta

Zanitta Member

Wellness apartments are apartments that are filled with underage CM's, therefore all alcohol is banned from inside the rooms. If any is found for any reason - it doesn't have to be drunk, just present, even if it's for cooking etc, it results in termination.

17. Dan

Dan New Member

Biggest lesson of the program; Anything can happen, and usually does. If it doesn't happen to you, it will to someone else. So just be careful. Don't rule anything out.

Dan

18. emma

emma New Member

wise words x

19. kelly_p

kelly_p New Member

im the kinda person somethin would happen to lol i always seem to be n the wrong place at the wrong time :-\

20. Dan

Dan New Member

I'm like that too. I am very well behaved, hardly drink and whatnot, but I still managed to find myself in a couple of situations during my time there! I'm buggered if I know why or how!

You'd probably be fine. Just be careful of the crowds you hang with and the roommates you get. You can only decide yourself what you do, but you can't control them.

Dan