the bird

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by JOSSYPOO, Sep 25, 2004.

1. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

does the bird still exist in the canada pavilion?

2. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear New Member

Yep. "Feel the rhythm.... CHUG CHUG CHUG"

Nick

3. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

awsome!!!!!!
    I want to get this just to meet the famous bird!!!
    Jossy!

4. Munch

Munch New Member

The Canadian pavillion just isin't the Canadian pavillion without the bird!

I was lucky enough to be there when the original keepers of the bird was there and even though I was pretty much the only Canadian that didn't drink, it was great to have a country mascot that everybody in the commons loved, Canadian or otherwise!!

:-* Cheryl

5. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

did you know levon yon???
    Jossy

6. cartwheel69

cartwheel69 New Member

The BIrd CORNEILOUS!!! My best friend!! I had the great pleasure of being the bird holder for a good part of my contract. I new Levon but I did not work with him down there. I have partied with him lots in Calgary and Montreal. I am glad to see that the bird is still around.

Long live Corneilous

Cartwheel

7. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

haha

he is my boyfriends brother!!!

8. gramb

gramb New Member

Who could ever forget the bird - certainly nobody who became accuainted with it during their contract. The good times, the bad times - he always seemed to blur them all into one after several attempts. If anyone remembers terence, he tried to consecutively bird an entire 24 on my throwout night, he disappeared a short while later, I think he found his friend mr. bush outside his appartment and slept there for the night.

9. cartwheel69

cartwheel69 New Member

Ahh the Bird!!! That is funny about the 24 birds. O never met Tarrance but he was a friend of my best buddy Karl who was there with me. One day sitting by the pool we both had the day off, and we started drinking by the pool. Well
    be about 5pm that day I think we had almost 2 & 1/2 24 of beast gone between to the two of us. I had put back 26 birds from 11 am to that time crazy times I would never think about doing that today.

Cartwheel 00/01

10. joekur

joekur New Member

i'll never forget the bird... or the diseases i contracted from using it... jokes... we're lucky to have it. i can't wait to suck the sweet nectar from her head again.

no ma'am forever

joe

11. Jamie

Jamie New Member

the bird in full flight was quite a vision, i remember it well....half yard is up there with it though

12. Disney Girl

Disney Girl New Member

Ah yes the Bird,
    It was a great thing for Canada although I still maintain there should be a bird girl one day. Enough of this bird man stuff. It is a symbol of the pavillion and a true tradition. It has been around at least 5 years at this point.
    Hope you get to meet the famous "bird"
    Elissa

13. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

Can somebody explain this bird to me? It didn't exist when I was there (back in the day).

Someone wanna let me in?

14. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

well from the pictures levon has shown me
    basically it is a beer bong
    with a plastic flamingo.!

looks like a ton of fun

15. Muziqal

Muziqal New Member

I must add to that as Joss is partly correct but has not quite experienced the true meaning of the bird yet. She will...but not quite yet.

The Bird is a tradition started in '99 by a bunch of guys (us) in the pavilion.
    The Bird is a friend, companion and confidant keeping you from harms way on lonely Florida nights - always ready for what ever may come its way, always by your side through thick and thin and always reminding you of the happier things in life.
    The Bird can be your best friend on your contract and the Bird's contract will never expire. The Bird doesn't believe in Leaving Books.
    The Bird can never be terminated.
    The Bird takes trips to visit old friends in Montreal, Toronto and Calgary...never complaining about how far it travels just to put a smile on our faces.
    The Bird can never be caged...no matter how hard the Brits or Norwegian girls try.
    The Bird is, and always will be, Cornelius.

Long live Cornelius.

16. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

... i hate you
    :) well i hope i have the honor of such a great bird friend if i am chosen to go down.. this does mean you will have to come and visit to show me how it is really done.

17. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

ROFLMAO!!! Thank you!!!

18. JOSSYPOO

JOSSYPOO New Member

well well well

our little friend is in the orientation video we all saw at the interview!
    Levon you must me so proud!!

Jossy

19. nickyp

nickyp New Member

The bird is in Canada!!

So, here is a story for a few of you bird lovers:

I was in Canada visiting some friends and family last week in Calgary ( I live in Bermuda ), and on the way back I had a layover in Toronto for one night. I was expecting to have a nice relaxing night in Toronto in the hotel, however, I got off my plane and my hotel shuttle pulled up to pick me up and as I got on the shuttle I was greeted by a full bird and 5 great friends who I had not seem in a while ( thanks Scotty D, Kevin, Adam, Mauti and Terrance ). So needless to say, we spent the whole night drinking and reminiscing about the commons and of course the bird!!
    Long live the bird!!

nicky p

20. flavour

flavour New Member

julia and i went to the german interviews today, wanted to check out the presentation, you know for the sake of the good old times...anyway, the video they were showing was made about 2 years ago, i guess, and there is that one scene where a canadian guy is showing them around his apt. and guess who was lying on his bed!? CORNELIUS!! we just couldn't believe it! so he's really a huge star now! so cool!!
    just had to tell you! ;D

later! flavour xoxo