The one thing you forgot/wish you'd taken......

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Anna, Mar 28, 2005.

1. robynchic

robynchic New Member

I didn't bring ANYTHING to decorate the walls in my room. I bought a scarf from Morocco and a furushiki (scarf for a lunch box) in Japan. This time, I'm bringing lotsa posters. "The Crow", my fishies, and Pirates of the Caribbean.
    Also, bring a nice outfit. Not a work outfit, but like a cocktail dress or something. You can buy one there, but there may be a nice dance for you to go to. I had my parents bring it down when they came to visit.

2. Melissa

Melissa New Member

Hey Julia,
    Could you plz tell me What NYC stands for?

3. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

'New York City'

not julia but thot id answer anyways! Its the middle of the day and Im sooooo bored!

xxxxx

4. Melissa

Melissa New Member

Could you plz tell me how much the clothing is. I am thinking whether to buy clothes in HOng KOng before going there or just buy them in Florida.

5. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Haha@Lindsey! Same here!
    Julia

6. Melissa

Melissa New Member

HOw about the temperature of night time in summer? Is it COOL? Do I have to bring a sweater for it [ I will stay in Florida from june ( for 3 months)] Osrry If this Q is too silly. I hvae NEVER been to Florida. I don't ahve a clue of the weather there. I ONLY know that it RAINS every day and has thunderstorms. I think i will bring umbrellas to Florida .

7. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

I'm actually about to go babysit julia...I rest my case! i fought boredom and boredom won!

You will need a sweater and most likely a jacket too. it gets cold at night and in winter, but also air conditioning there is FREEZING!

New York is a city on the east coast of america. huge big city with the best shopping ever! But there are loads of places to shop in florida. and a lot of clothes shops are affordable!

xxx

8. Melissa

Melissa New Member

oh. you guys are talking about the capital New YOrk ICty. haha. of course. I know what it is and where it is. But I have NEVEr thought of going from Floida to NEw York ICty as it is sooo far away. My fd who will be working in Virginia may not go to New York CIty though Vir. is much more close to NYC compared with Florida.

9. Melissa

Melissa New Member

10. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Melissa! CHILL!!!! lol If clothing is cheap in HK, buy it there, if you will need anything else or forget to bring anything you can still buy it in Florida. There are many cheap places. NYC is not that far away if you fly there. I went for only 4 days and it was sooo much fun!
    You will need a few sweaters for the apt., as it can get very chilly with the a/c. BUT you are only staying for three months, so you shouldn't worry yourself that much. You will be fine, believe me. Just take the stuff you would take for any vacation and everything else you might need....they will have it in Florida for a reasonable price. And yes, bring an umbrella for sure!
    Julia

11. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

umbrella.....haha what an idiot...I hadnt even thought of it! and it rains more in orlando than in scotland too!

xxx

12. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

umbrella!! ;D,yeah florida can have some serious weathe...i was on hols when hurricane frances and charley where there!
    xx

13. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

I love the tropical storms there (like the thunder ones not the extreem hurricanes etc!) just coz it means youre in florida! we never have weather like that here so i love it! Im sure I'll hate it a year from now though!

xxx

14. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

i love warm rain..such a nice feeling!!!

15. mojojojo

mojojojo New Member

I remembered about an umberella in the shower today lol! ;D takes up a large part of my thoughts the now! I love the rain storms - its just so mad that its soo warrm then rains then like 30 mins later its roasting again! awww LOVE IT!

Jo
    xx

16. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

awwwww I'm smiling right now coz of RAIN!!!

I need help!

xxxxxxxxxx

17. mojojojo

mojojojo New Member

Yea me 2 Lindsey cant wait 2 get there where i dont mind the rain instead of freezing cold crappy scottish rain!

xx

18. Jimbobdaga

Jimbobdaga Member

We had that here today it was nice, It was 80 (F) and we had a little shower.

19. Dannii

Dannii New Member

Rain was not always fun to have. especially because all the guest will run into the shops and restaurants, sitting on the floor, talking loud and complaining about the prices... u u have bad luck u might have to stay outside at the carts when it starts to rain, then u will be wet, wet, wet and u gonna freeze inside because of the ac :mad: i remember one evening when all my roomies came home and we had 6 pairs of shoes in our tryer ;D because it rained so much and we had to use them the next day... :)

20. topsassyuk

topsassyuk New Member

i heard the rain is bad news for UK girls if stuck outside coz of white tops that go see through!!!