travelling afterwards...

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by neevyweevy, Apr 1, 2008.

1. neevyweevy

neevyweevy New Member

I'm thinking of travelling around america after my program ends but i was wondering about baggage allowance on domestic flights.
    I'm guessing i'll be buying quite a bit of stuff while i'm over there so i wondered how that works if you wanna go travelling afterwards with 1 or 2 heavy suitcases?! ???

2. Nina

Nina New Member

I went travelling afterward with one of my roomates and it was so awkward lugging all our stuff around as both of us had at least 2 cases plus laptops!
    When we were travelling you could check 2 cases on all domestic flights but I think I read recently that some domestic airlines introduced charges for the 2nd bag so might wana check that out!

3. Tinkerbe11ing

Tinkerbe11ing New Member

It's expensive to pay overweight for domestic flights!!! ...and esp. flying out of Orlando they're being nazies about it...or, they're actually strict about it everywhere! So, if you could, I'd definately look to store it somehwere (with friends etc) while you're traveling, ...but then you'd have to go back to pick it up...

4. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

It's definitely changed since Sept. 11th. I just flew out form Canada and you were only allowed 23 kilos. You could take several bags but could not exceed the weight of 23 kilos for all of it together. Every airline is different though, so you should check all of their baggage restrictions before you book your flights. I definitely suggest leaving luggage behind in Florida and coming back for it though, I have done too many trips with a load of luggage and it gets very annoying after a while. The extra money is definitely worth it.

5. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

If I were you anything you don't see yourself keeping to use in Florida, give to someone that visits you from home to take back with them.

6. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

I agree. I also started sending packages home a couple of months before the contract was finished. It's not too bad if you send it by sea. And I had my best friend and my parents visit at different times, so they had to take stuff home for me, too.
    Don't bring too much either, clothes are sooo cheap to buy in Florida.

Julia