UK CRP repeat

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by 2005CP, Mar 25, 2010.

1. linsey

linsey New Member

I second, third, fourth or whatever that I don't think it's right.

When I called and had a big conversation with jason he never mentioned anything about not being able to do food and bev again.

In fact, we talked about food and bev specifically and was telling me about other programs I'd be able to do if I had enough experience. He did say that, although it has no bearing whether or not we've been before, they will be looking for something a bit different from us that the 1st time applicants.

e.g. why do we want a SECOND time out there?

He also said we'd probably have to be about 10 times better than we were originally. He might have been inflating that so we don't get our hopes up that since we got in once, we'd be able to do again and take an easy attitude to it, but I'm taking it as read so I plan to be as uber-awesome as I can be if I get to the interview stages!

Application has gone to fingers crossed! I do think it would be brilliant to have an invasion of 07/08 participants back out there again together. Considering Jackson and I started out meeting on this forum before the interviews in Glasgow back in November of 2006... it would be fitting to go out together again!

2. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

;D

would be awesome!!!!!!

3. linsey

linsey New Member

I'd love to see Jackson in the kitchens again, lol! We did miss you after you'd gone before! We lost about 3 good moaners all at once with you April lot!

4. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

actually hilarious, me storming around moaning about EVERYTHING!!!!! and then youd go to service bar and carli would be there for another moan! good times!!!!! ;D

5. linsey

linsey New Member

you're not supposed to sit down! that chair's not for sitting in!

were you there the day Carli sat in it and then I spilled a pint over her??? good times ;)

6. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

best ever was manager dan "kerry J, when do you take spoons out for soup?"

lol

ah man i miss it so much!!!!!!

7. linsey

linsey New Member

I miss my own complaining.

WHY CAN'T YOU PEOPLE PUT THE SOUP SPOONS AND TEA SPOONS IN THEIR OWN AREAS?!?!?!

and

TEA AND SUGAR CADDIES OMG!!! YOU'RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT, GIVE IT HERE, I'LL DO IT!

and then I'd get shouted at to go get ice and then complain that I didn't wanna.... oh side duties...

8. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

as least they have got rid of the folds! yay no more folds!!!!!!!! ;D

9. linsey

linsey New Member

they changed the table numbers though.... so that would be confusing...

tho sweatbox is still a sweatbox. you can't fix everything :)

10. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

we were actually there at the same time, and ive worked in retail environments as busy if not busier than merch in the UK pavilion-it just doesnt compare to f and b at its busiest.

no offence

11. linsey

linsey New Member

I worked retail in a major high street name, so we were busy. It was hard work, especially some heavy lifting of stock... but it was vastly easier than f&b... the only time I've ever cried at work was at the rose and crown the week after I passed my server test and they triple sat me... then I almost cried during candlelight, and when I complained to management that I was about to have a nervous breakdown and cry he also said 'I'm going to cry to in a minute'... and he meant it!

6 day weeks working about 4 doubles/mids in a week... that's difficult! And we complained and moaned but in the end I wouldn't trade it for the world. Even the bad days look great in retrospect.

And, I might be entirely wrong, but I thought that those who quit and went home were normally mostly from f&b if it was the work they couldn't handle... we lost two I think to that reason while I was there... plenty of others always just got homesick or got termed...

Merchies did have a tough time of it though, but it seems they always had more time to hang in the pavillion at random and play games with guests which we could only ever do if on podium.

12. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

yeah i agree - those who quit for the most part just couldnt handle the work load in F&B, i dont think anyone can ever really appreciate what its like until they have done it for themselves, it was very hard at times and yes, i moaned, a lot! but looking back id love to do it again - hence the reason for reapplying.

fingers crossed we get to go back, best servers EVER! ;D

13. linsey

linsey New Member

darn tootin'

14. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

Um you said it yourself………

15. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

put it this way,the only time in my life that ive had arguments with people in a work environment was in service-getting double sat was a sure fire way of setting yourself up for a lecture and or a slap-from me it was.

poor josh and tom......not so much the other assignor who was very tall and thought he was the manager :p

16. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

who was that....?!

getting double sat was a NIGHTMARE, in the weeds, big time!!!!!

17. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

Except for the disproportionately high number of merchies who got sacked for theft-i can count 3 of the top of my head.

not being paid much is no excuse-the money disney invests in getting you a visa, vouching for you as essentially an immigrant, giving you relatively cheap housing puts you under an obligation which you should be aware of anyway.............not to steal peoples money, especially the money of a major multinational company: those people and their `but we are in merch` excuse really annoyed me-it was your choice!

18. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

You'd think so wouldn't you??? But no. Especially if you're outside and it's windy. I hated the days where upper deck would be set up, you'd go inside for pre-meal and come back out to find everything on the floor. And I wasn't even a server! Plus is kind of makes the place look like a seaside cafe.

Canada got to keep theirs....hmph.

19. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

used to happen to me when i was assigning, and that was when we used the actual folds..................which really confused me as they were weighed down by knives and forks. I suspect trickery, or squirrels.How hygenic to have rodents scampering accross the table tops!

20. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Ah the squirrels...Brian didn't really go for the folds..he went for guests steaks instead!

You would have hated me assiging then....I frequently double sat! Though I was very nice about it (assigning for 14 months gives you plenty of practice in how to double seat someone whilst making it seem like you haven't!) and no one dared complained if I had bussed and set the table for them! Those were the days!