UK CRP repeat

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by 2005CP, Mar 25, 2010.

1. linsey

linsey New Member

I loved assigning... and I'm pretty sure I trained up a few of the good ones that followed ;) But they were desperate to move me into service when we had that shortage so I only did it for 3 months.

My favourite memory is still being 'forced' to assign in my last week and Nick and I kicked butt by getting in over 1000 covers and that was on a regular August night.. and we'd thought it was quiet before checking the stats the next day! high fives all around ;)

I do remember one assignor who used to get annoyed at me (and anyone else who knew how to assign) because she was really bad at it and had the god complex and we kept trying to tell her what she was doing wrong all the time.

2. linsey

linsey New Member

Have faith, Jackson! Like I said, I only got my email through at 5.30 so I think they must be doing them in batches so that their website doesn't get clogged up fast as people choose their interview times.

3. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

I was saying earlier that maybe they re sending them out based on when people said they could start from? getting th ones who can start earlier n the year out of the way first?

Lol it's so weird that its all u lot going to reapply - logically tho they only said we could do this recently and you have to be home at least a year so it makes sense that we are going for it - ones who have been home longer are probably all settled and stuff

theres been tonnes of changes to R&C tho havent there?

totally off topic when i was on hols out there in May I saw ex manager Laura - shes still doing DVC - she practically leapt off her little dvc podium thng to say hi lol

4. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

lol i cant imagine laura leaping from anywhere!!!!! to be honest tho i actually got on quite well with laura, i didnt really see why everyone gave her such a hard time...... the only manager i really didnt like with Don...... he was so horrible to me and i have no idea why.......... got on great with all of the others tho!!!!

5. pinkspideruk

I really liked Laura - she was strict but fair with everyone - was a nightmare when she left tho it descended to chaos really :|

6. linsey

linsey New Member

I always liked Laura too, someone had to actually tell us off sometimes! I used to have great fun with her and would happily have her as a boss again. I never had a problem with any of the managers. I've heard they are a LOT stricter now with cast members but I don't know how they can tell since we're all only ever there for a year... what's it compared to??

7. Lesley86

Lesley86 New Member

ive heard the same, apparently they are really strict now on the disney look ( you know how all of us girls used to have the acrylic nails, not allowed those anymore or watches in F&B....) but the turn over of managers is so high that the ones that are there now are unlikely to still be there by next year anyway, so im not worrying!!!! we did get away with murder in there tho, Dan, Marcel, Nick etc ------ absolute chaos!!!!!! ;D

8. pinkspideruk

I dont get how they can go through managers so quickly! i mean i know some of them are on like a rotation as part of their manager training but surely they havr to have someone who stays there for longer than 6 months? :S

9. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

It just depends if they get a better offer! lol. Nick was there for about three years and two of the current managers have been there a while (they sometimes work Canada as well, but they're R&C managers all the same). I'd love to be a manager there!

And yes, they are strict on Disney Look. I used to wear a ribbon in my hair (same colour as our blouses) and for 13 months it was allowed and then one day it wasn't!

10. pinkspideruk

I dont think any of the managers that were there when i was there are stil there now

11. linsey

linsey New Member

Please tell me other re-applies got a F2F?!

I have mine on the Saturday. I need to chat with my work about it on Monday since I'm working that day and the day before and the Sunday so it could be a pain to work out. Or I might phone yummy and see if I can change to the Friday... will see what my work says and then have to sort out a hotel and plane. euch. with only a few weeks to organise it!

Wish they'd do them in glasgow again!

12. Ben84

Ben84 Guest

Hi Linsey!

When did you last do the program?

:)

Ignore me, I've just seen it written on your profile!!

13. linsey

linsey New Member

I guess some things pay off, I'm going back! Got my acceptance email, I'm very happy right now ;D

August 16th 2011, gives me time to save, lol

14. doddi92

doddi92 New Member

Yay! Let me know what flight you book and stuff (when it comes to it) and hopefully we'll arrive at similar times!

15. linsey

linsey New Member

will do :)

I'll take care of all the newbies, lol!

16. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Hey Guys!

Just wondering, does anybody know about this whole re-hire status thing, I finished the program in June, yet i did have 2 reprimands, both for different things, one was for attendance, and the other was a 1point reprimand for a mix up with cash handling whilst training. - Does any one know if i am well and truly screwed if i try and apply to disney again? other that them mix ups i wasnt a bad cast member, and the managers liked me :)

thanks

17. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

Dear Parky Pants,

I don't know if you'll be accepted. Maybe you should try e-mailing your previous managers and ask about your re-hire status.
    You did not get terminated, so you'd think you'd be okay.

18. Peever

Peever New Member

Congrats linsey on rehire :) I am hoping for the same myself! Parky the only way yummy will find out abou that is if your managers bring it up. I think anyway, just email Janice or Christina (shes prob your best bet) and see what she says.

19. mpark90

mpark90 Member

Haha you got a couple of reps too?

I think we should be okay as long as the managers liked us, and i got on with all of them, except jack but he didnt get on with anyone haha, and we didnt get termed! :D

20. pinkspideruk

reprimands wont matter - rehire status is effected by termination not your record card :) so go ahead and reapply :D