**UNDER 21S AT PI, NEW RULES!***

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by gemmalou, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

I can only say that I am glad I did the program at the time I did. I'm sure it's still an awesome experience for everyone and there are always ways to get around certain rules and regulations, but it has changed A LOT since the old days.

Julia

2. kahluafan

kahluafan New Member

How much? What was it like before the last few years? Seems to be a pretty active drinking culture out there, whether your legal or not, just wondering what peeps are gonna do now they're changing the rules?

3. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Well way back when I did the program ( in 2000 ) we didn't have the overage and underage apt.'s everyone was living together. I was living with three other girls, all overage, so there was always booze at our apt.! I had many underage friends, but they were also living with overage people, so you could always get alcohol. And if you couldn't get it in your apt. you sent one of your overage friends to buy you something. It was so easy to drink in the Commons and security was pretty cool about it. They knew exactly what was going on, but as long as we didn't act too stupid and they didn't have any other reason to get on our case they would just ignore the fact that we were all drinking. The parties were always long and good and no one cared what we were doing. We could go to P.I., some people had fake ID's, others were ok with just getting into a few clubs there and didn't have to drink. Shortly after we left there was some crazy shit going on, many parties were being stopped by security, tons of people were being terminated and they started the whole idea of seperating underage and overage people. Like I said before, there are still tons of ways to get booze and party it up, but it was just easier and more laid back when I was there. It was just never an issue really. It seems a little like they isolate the underage crowd more and more from the rest and that sucks, because you want to be able to party with everyone. Maybe the fake ID business will really blossom now lol

Julia

4. kahluafan

kahluafan New Member

Sounds like they've really clamped down on it, i guess common sense is the way forward, did they change the security company at the commons or something?

5. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

No, but all of security has changed since. I guess it depends on the crowd that works together at a certain point and how they see their job and the people that live at the Commons. Back when I was there many of the internationals were friends with security, it was live and let live I guess. They loved their job and they knew what it meant for us to be terminated. But no worries, there are always ways around every rule, so it's still gonna be great for everyone now!
    Julia

6. Heidi

Heidi Guest

I was there at the same time as you Julia, Marianne is a friend of mine ;) and i totally agree with everything you have mentioned here. From what i hear its totally different over there now. And im so glad i was there in the "good old days". It has changed alot, im sorry to say that. But i guess you learn to live with the new rules.

7. kahluafan

kahluafan New Member

Like its been said, theres always around them, just be careful, because the security can always have an off day and decide they don't like something happening, if u get my drift :)

8. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Heidi- Hey how are you?! I think we talked before on here :) Weclome back ;) Yeah Marianne was my roomate that always came home from HOB on Sunday nights drunk as can be while I fell asleep on the couch in the living room ;D I miss it!!!! I still talk to her now and then, her and my mexican roomie were great, fun people to live with! Maybe I will see her next year in México, as my other roomie will get married :) I am very glad we were at Disney the time we were, I loved everything about it! Hope all is well with you..

Julia

9. Heidi

Heidi Guest

Hey Julia. Im doing just fine :) still keep in touch with Marianne. I remember sunday nights, HOB my favourite place. I think i went there like every sunday. I still miss it. Actually we tried to go over this fall, but we couldnt afford it. So now im trying to save up some more money so that we can go maybe next year. I havent been back there since i left, so it would be a dream come true to be able to go back. The most expensive part is the flight tickets. Have you heard something about a reunion in Orlando in 2007?

10. Grouchy87

Grouchy87 New Member

wow that new rule sucks! disney will lose money and guests from this new rule, and as for the underage IP's... it'll never be the same again! I was out at pi most weeks with the UK people and had a great time, i never saw or heard of that many probs to do with being caught drinkin, i think there were only 2 people termed from the UK in the 14 months i was there. and commons security were becomin a ngihtmare, they stopped throw ins and throw outs wen i left in august. am glad i did it when i did, i don't think i'd want to be back there now with all these new rules....

11. kahluafan

kahluafan New Member

Any idea what the Common's security are like these days? I heard 1 or 2 horror stories of CMs with grudges that rang security and pretended like other underage CMs were drinking, or reporting underage parties, which i can kinda see where there coming from, but all the CMs need to stick together right?

12. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Heidi- I haven't heard anything about a reunion...where did you hear it from? It would be nice to get some people together. I remember a few months after I left I went to one of the first big reunions in Canada and it was so much fun. And then we still have our reunion at Oktoberfest which was really cool the first couple of years. Now that more new and less old CM's are going it's not really the same anymore. I also went to the norwegian reunion in Oslo....I think that was in 2003....anyways...it would be time for another one ;D
    Either way you should really go back for a visit. I have been back once and then lived in Fort Lauderdale for the last 18 months so I had some more opportunities to visit. It was still all so familiar but different at the same time. I only went back to the Commons the first time though. It's not that great to see your old apt. and hardly recognizing it anymore. I am sure it's more fun if you are going in a larger group....

Julia

13. DisneyMichelle

DisneyMichelle Active Member

I guess the people who are out there now and heading out this year will know no different so wo't be missing what they never had if you see what I mean!!

Have to say that it totally sucks that throwins and throwouts were stopped too - another two great traditions ruined!! So much has changed even since I left l;ast March - must be crazy different since you guys were there a few years ago!!!

Glad I did the programme when I did - mostly cos of the people i met and the memories i now have!!

Michelle xx

14. Heidi

Heidi Guest

Oh my god, did they really stopp the throwins and throwouts?? :eek: Why?? That was always a fun way to get to know the new people. And it has been a tradition for so many years. I cant belive they did that. Do you know why? Now i know for sure things are not the same anymore.

15. Jorden

Jorden New Member

When they sent out the letter saying they were not permitted it said something along the lines of

Throw Ins/Hazing Activities.

Thus they deemed Throw ins as Hazing. First I've heard of Throw Outs being stopped tho

16. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

no they definately still have throw outs, well the UK ppl do anyway!

17. Dancing_Queen

Dancing_Queen New Member

Awww I LOVED throw ins and throw outs. I actually liked everything that had to do with a party lol It wouldn't make any sense to stop them, it's a great way for the new peeps to make friends and feel welcomed!

Julia

18. kahluafan

kahluafan New Member

I can't find out what the throw ins were, since they're now banned, can someone pass it on to us newbies? :D

19. elusivemoose

elusivemoose New Member

Question not related to the throw ins/outs- can u21s go to places in other areas, like House of Blues, etc??? Because that's somewhere, at least. And what sort of scope is there for under 21s in clubs in downtown Orlando??

20. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

under 21 boys cant go many places that i kno of, the only place i can think of off the top of my head is Makos in downtown

under 21 girls can go to house of blues, and also to certain clubs in downtown, so ur not completely stuck for somewhere to go!