W2 forms

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Chari21, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

Do Disney automatically send out the W2 forms or do we have to claim back?

Also, are you still able to use a company like Turbo Tax when you are back in the UK or do you have to find another way to do it?

I know this has probably already been asked but I don't want to get in trouble for not filing my taxes.

2. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

Ive heard so many different things from Disney and other people about these.. i don't remember being told what exactly i had to do.. but from what i've heard.. Disney will mail it to you (as long as you changed your HUB address) by March at the latest.. and i'm not sure if you can use Turbotax. I don't see why you couldn't.. but i haven't really looked into it.. so don't quote me on it. I know it's what i'll be trying whenever i get my silly forms.
    I was creeping one of my friends status' thats still there.. and they listed this e-mail and they would send it to you right away.. but that was like a week ago.. and i haven't heard anything back.

3. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

you get ya w2 autmoatically sent so long as u put ur home address on the hub before leaving and you can use turbo tax - you get your refund in a cheque in us$ - in the uk you will get charged by the bank for cashing it in but it isnt a huge amount

4. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

what happens if you didn't change your address? I don't remember actually doing it.. :(
    i might have.. but i can't remember.

5. pinkspideruk

pinkspideruk Active Member

if you didnt change ur address it will go to your old commons / patterson address i think so ya screwed - i think you can contact disney and ask for a new one to be sent out but i think there is a charge and you may need proof of identity faxed over?

6. Chari21

Chari21 New Member

I got mine yesterday as did a few others I think. x

7. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

I emailed them and asked about it, they said it will be emailed within a couple of days. Very strange that some of us have got it via email and other by snail mail.

8. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

i don't get why they can't e-mail them to everyone? idk.. i e-mailed them asking about what to do if you didn't change your address.. so hopefully i'll get it soon.

9. kate003

kate003 New Member

Quote from one of the smartest guys I know...via facebook..about the W2s:
    Ok so!
    The W2 forms have been mailed (jan 31st) will be here sometime in Feb. If you changed your address before you left to your Canadian address you will be fine.
    If not you can request a re-issue of your W2 form after Feb 7th. We can not print this off from the HUB or request it to be sent Via email. (well thats what the person said to me)
    If you need to change your address call Payroll (321-939-7000 ...press 1 for english, then 0 to speak to someone!).
    This is all the information that I have, good luck, and hope we all get a lot of money back!

sounds good to me... I hope mine arrives soon!

10. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

Michelle gave me this e-mail today:
    DWSS.Payroll.Taxes@disney.com
    She said if you give them your perner and your name they'll be happy to send it to you.
    I sent it to them.. so fingers crossed i'll get it soon!

11. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

So i finally got my W2, via e-mail.. but it's encrypted.. and i don't know the password. Anyone run into this and maybe know where i can look for a password? Like is it one we used at Disney.. or something i don't know at all. lol

12. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

It's your perner without the 00 at the start.

13. kate003

kate003 New Member

how do you all remember your perner?

14. Discostu81

Discostu81 New Member

I have no idea why I still remember it but it's stuck in my head...only thing I can think of is using it every day to tigger (or however it's spelt!)

15. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

haha yess! I got it. thank youuu! i kept trying my perner.. but never thought of it with out 00.

16. kate003

kate003 New Member

I'm embarrassed to say that Sam discovered a very obvious place I could find my perner...on my disney id that is still in my wallet. Yup, I'm just that clever :p on the bright side I can now do my taxes :)

17. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

haha well i can honestly say Kate.. that gave me a good hard laugh :) :D

18. Chiyo111

Chiyo111 Member

Ooookay, and if you don't have your ID anymore, you can also find your perner on your final paycheck ;)

Mine was easy, I still have it mind... but i don't need it anymore :(

19. morrs084

morrs084 New Member

Ohhh yeah! I cashed mine.. but i remember i kept my first or second paycheque.. when it was like $1.00.. haha