weight gain!

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by emma, Apr 27, 2005.

1. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Oh wow that is so cool. The really fun thing about working at the animal kingdom is that you get to see all the animals, theyre so cute.

2. Freckles

Freckles Guest

i would love to stay at teh ainmal kingdom lodge and watch up about eh safari and do the morning safari. it looks awesome.

3. Freckles

Freckles Guest

oh i just thought i would put in this thread that i have actually lost weight :). was so happy when i went to the doctors and stepped on the scales. im hoping all teh walking i do now will continue with the weight loss. ten stone here i come!

4. leomgray

leomgray New Member

i lost weight at the beginning of the year but ive not lost much weight since then. im hoping my jogging and walking will help me lose more weight, but i dont know.

5. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Ive stayed in AKL..it was amazing! It's such a nice resort. We didn't get to see any animals though. We did have an amazing view of the swimming pool though!

6. Freckles

Freckles Guest

that is so cool. you have made me jealous. the morning safari looks awesome i really want to do it, and the key to the castle in MK.

7. Cicada

Cicada New Member

Keys to the Kingdom at MK is amazing! My aunt and uncle don't want to do it because they think it will ruin the magic, but for me it made even more. Now I understand even more of what they have done and it's amazing! I want to do all of those tours (including Keys, my mum has done it 3 times and says you learn something new everytime)

8. Freckles

Freckles Guest

how much does it cost to do?

9. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

If you're a CM...I'm sure you can do Keys to the Kingdom for free! Other tours you have to pay for, but you do get Cast Discount. You need to pick up the cast discount book to see.

10. Freckles

Freckles Guest

Awesome. Let's hope i get to become staff.

11. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Whats the cast discount book?

12. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

OMG Castosaurus is awesome it's the cheapest place you will ever, ever eat (bar soup kitchens :p)
    Backstage at DAK is ridiculous, there is a massive ring road which would ake ages to walk around so you have to either get a van run - difficult if you havnt got a scheduled one or just walk through the park which I think should really be avoidable... A lot of locations you can't get to by road anyway so you have to walk through the park... meh if anywhere needed tunnels it's DAK....

Pargos are FUN!!

You can get it in the housing offices it's just a book stuffed with ads for places offering cast discount I can dig it out and check Keys to the Kingdom discount if you like lol! It is really cool I did it as a guest a while ago - def didn't ruin the magic, just made me desperate to work there!!

Congratulations!! I only have a stone to go to my lower target hooray! I lost nearly a stone whilst eating junk food over the summer - be a character! A lot of people lost weight there actually. Plus I reacted really bad to a lot of the food especially in the first week - it was difficult to find anything that didn't make me ill - preservatives meh...
    WARNING If you are at all sensitive to preservatives, DO NOT eat the hotdogs from Caseys or Cosmics. It is very, very painful and not nice to watch so I hear! Especially the mad escape from the monorail to get to the nearest bin... :-X

13. Freckles

Freckles Guest

mine was the same. i had to stop eating burgers cos of the salts and preservatives that go on whilst cooking.

thanks for the tip. i will remember that one. we dont knwo whether i was senstive to it (Whihc most liekly i am as im sensitive to all food..no joke i actually am) or if it was hightened by my relapse.

I am 11 and a half stone now so i have a stone and a half to loose or tone up to.

14. leomgray

leomgray New Member

So you basically had to walk round the whole park on the outside to get to anywhere, and i would have thought they would have had tunnels at DAK as its massive, it takes forever as a guest to get places never mind being backstage.

Well done on your weight lose Freckles, i wish i had lost weight. Thats a shame, i think my body is actually refusing to take food the now cos i am hardly ever hungry.

15. Freckles

Freckles Guest

its happened to me too leom, its just your body adjusting to the amount of exercise you do etc.

that is silly having to walk all the way around the outside to get to places. do you think they would build tunnels or some sort of system int he future?

16. leomgray

leomgray New Member

They probably would unless the ground is too watery or the animals could get into it, wouldnt that be great. Walking alone the tunnel to get to your work and a tiger walks past, LMAO.

17. I don't know if they would be able to. They weren't able to extend the tunnels when they built Toon Town. You need to get a bus to get there though it really isn't far from the entrance in fairness.

18. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

Oi lazy! You don't *need* to take the bus!

Although the bus *is* good for teasing bus drivers... Waiting for the bus back to the tunnels, Goofy picked up Mickey and Mickey pretended to be dead in his arms hehheh. Good times.

19. leomgray

leomgray New Member

20. lol, ok maybe you don't *need* to take the bus but when it is 4am and you have been working since midday then the bus is a blessing.