weight gain!

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by emma, Apr 27, 2005.

1. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I'll bet. a 16 hour shift?

2. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

Yeah, you work hard in Disney! It's not all about the beaches lol. I always took the bus at MK...they only problem was American Coach...the 2.36am bus would never turn up! And thats the one us bakery CM's always needed to get!

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

lol, so do these buses come regularly? and where do they take you?

4. The bus's all have letters on them. Like the A bus would take you to Magic Kingdom and the C bus would take you to EPCOT. They are very tempermental. We had some issues with the A bus when it didn't arrive for nearly 2hrs. You learn to cope with them though.

5. Tiddelypom

Tiddelypom New Member

To be fair, when American Coach runs properly it's a damn good service actually. There's a regula service to all the parks, downtown, walmart, publix, florida mall days.... And if you call at just gone midnight saying you need a bus at 4am to DAK they only grumble a little bit at your last minute thinking and along come s a van at 4am!

Sadly it doesn't usually run properly lol!

My longest shift was only 12 hours! It was my last day as well, the sadistic whatnots. Actually having said that, I was so sad to leave work I was glad It was long shift, how upsetting if it had only been 6 hours :(
    It's a shock and a half to come to the disney store now and get 4 hour shifts! It's nothing at all!

My most amusing shift time was 11.54pm - 3.18am (we get paid in 6min increments in entertainment so our times were always odd, don't ask me why!) That had, however been after an 8 hour day shift followed by another one the day I finished at 3.18! Hooray for overtime and 3rd shift!

6. DisneyGibbs

My longest shift was 13.5 hours....just missing out on that extra half hour break! The oddest time I've worked was 9.30pm to 5.45am...Grad Nite :S The park closed at 4am but it takes about two hours to clean the bakery...the morning crew came in at 6am and turned on everything we had turned off and cleaned! haha.

7. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Now that must have been annoying!
    These buses sound like they could make your life interesting if your in a hurry. Are they magical hours when your working until like 4 in the morning cos the park has never been open that late when ive been to them.
    11.54pm-3.18am. That must be weird to get your timing right. Would you get paid if you dont get off until 3.23am?

8. By the end of my programme I had got into the habit of leaving an hour and a half before my shift started as it meant that I had plenty of time to get into my costume at work and then had time to sit down and get sorted and more importantly get to where I needed to be (especially if I was working on Mainstreet which I did a lot in my last week)

9. Freckles

Freckles Guest

that sounds liek a good idea. i used to do taht at mcdonalds. chill out in the crew room for ten minutes before my shift started.

10. DisneyGibbs

I used to get to the breakroom half an hour early and read my book. I got everyone doing it!

11. Freckles

Freckles Guest

a readathon! well a short one lol.

i tend to listen to music. are tehre crew rooms to put stuff that is valuable? im guessng you take it at your own risk.

12. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I always have to be 15mins early for work and i normally turn up 30mins early.

13. There are lockers in the locker room with combination locks on them. I used to just carry my i-pod with me though either in my pocket or in my pouch. Though if you keep it in your pocket then remember to take it out again before you put your costume in for cleaning. Mine went for a nice trip down a drain and was never found again.

14. Freckles

Freckles Guest

ah tha locker thing is good to know.

ouch! was it expensive buying another one though in america i guess it was cheaper.

15. haha yeh it was expensive at the time but when i got back and realised how little i had spent in comparison to how much it costs over here then I was ok. I think I saved around £100 over all on buying a bran new ipod nano and accessories to match.

16. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Thats great, i think i might get a new one out there if i dont get one for my christmas.
    Its good to know we do get lockers are work, i always normally carry my ipod everywhere with me.

17. Johnathanfon

Johnathanfon New Member

When you attaining the good weight you must follow the tips about healthy habits.

18. bongallina

bongallina New Member

i was there for 3 months over summer and i LOST almost a stone, yes u eat worse food, but if u dont drink loads then think about the fact u sweat ALOT more you tend to be on your feet busy all day at work, and its rare that when there youll want to spend a full day just sat around, even just a walk around the animal kingdom is over a mile.....
    youll get fat if you eat crap :)same as in the UK :)
    x

19. 03goodl

03goodl New Member

I have to say weight gain is one of my worries!!!

America has such BIG portions!!!

Plus all the cool snack's you can't get here lol!!!

I guess walking and swimming might hold it back we'll see.

20. 2005CP

2005CP New Member

I dont know if its because of the job i did, working in a fast paced restaurant that was 60%outside in the heat, but i dont know a single person in the UK f&b pavillion who didnt lose weight. I ate like a pig in Florida and still last 2 stone