weight gain!

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by emma, Apr 27, 2005.

1. robynchic

robynchic New Member

Nope. Never with a graduation Mickey.

2. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell New Member

i want to be friends with mickey when hes doing fantasmic ;D ;D ;D ;D

3. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

lol this could get interesting!

x

4. Lizzie

Lizzie New Member

haha..very interesting....i agree with u linz

5. emma

emma New Member

innocent look? robyn im sure u know no such thing! hehehe :p

6. robynchic

robynchic New Member

Innocent looks are easy for an actress!

Now, BEING innocent on the other hand... ;)

7. emma

emma New Member

shes not that innocent...Oops!

8. robynchic

robynchic New Member

Moreso than Britney Spears!

9. emma

emma New Member

gotta luv brit with baby!

10. Charlene

Charlene Guest

Gaining?

I lost 30 lbs!!!

You get into a routine of eating one huge meal a day... but you're so active!

nah... Disney's the best weight loss program I ever had!

Charlene Canada F&B Alumni 2001-2002

11. Heidi

Heidi Guest

I was so afraid before i went over there about gaining weight. Because i had heard all these horror stories about people putting on so much weight that their friends and family didnt recognize them when they came back.
    I remember in the beginning of my stay i ate only healthy food, like salads, fruits, vegetables and things like that. But then i said to my self, im not gonna have any fun living like this for one year. So i started to eat other things too, but i was still careful with what i ate. Like not eating at mc donalds every day.
    I put on a little bit of weight, but not that much. So dont worry that much about this, just be careful about all the junkfood. And dont eat donuts!!! Very bad for you ;) i only ate one donut when i was there !!! ;D

12. hehe, I'm not worried. I know it'll happen, and being in WDW I KNOW that I will be stuffing my face 23/7
    :p oh well, it's only a year of obsesity! hahaha

13. PeXoXaLoVePooH

PeXoXaLoVePooH Active Member

if ur alredy there, enjoy it!!
    im sure if i get in i will gain wight
    because i want try all the food!!!
    i have a life to lose weight but a year to gain it!!! lol because theres so many new things u can try there!!!, i will be a little "careful" but trying everything!

XOXO

:-* :-* :-* Ely :-* :-* :-*

14. mojojojo

mojojojo New Member

I was only away for 3 months (i was an ICP) and i lost weight when I was away - like Charlene said you are so active - i was in the pool every day i could and when i wasnt doing that i was taking advantage of the free entry to the parks or trailing round the malls, and then there was the work from cast services over to the innovations building - yea not that far but doing it twice every day adds up! and i was doing the same just having one largish meal a day and very rarely went to wallmart so never had any food in my apt! was brill!

jo
    xx

15. tEresa

tEresa New Member

I CAN´T GAIN ANY WEIGHT :eek: :eek: :eek:.. i know i´ll probably will, but the thing is that i get to disney in june 13th, and on september 10th its my brothers wedding, in mexico, so i have to fly back for a few days and then try on my bridesmaid dress.. WHAT IF I DON´T FIT ANYMORE???? i´m sooo worried.. cus there will be no time to go back to my modist and change my dress !! if i loose weight, or gain it.. hahaha i have to stay the same weight at least until september... :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

16. belle

belle New Member

It's not like you have to gain wight.

I only gained 1kg during my year at Disney ;D

17. StarsMeltMidnight

StarsMeltMidnight New Member

My first few months down in Florida I lost weight, but by the end of the year I had gained. I didn't gain a ton of weight, but enough to annoy me lol

18. erink

erink New Member

I probably gained 10 or 15 pounds in 15 months. Something to do with cutting way back on exercise (though the neighbourhood around Commons is perfect for roller blading!) and surviving only on beer, Chex Mix, Subway, and after-work dinners at the Alehouse. If you've ever had a Zinger you know they don't qualify as health food!

19. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

LOL!! I AGREE!! Like I posted before, I went down two whole sizes... I have no idea how people gain weight! We got paid squat, so it's not like I had money to waste on junkfood or nights out at restaurants!

Besides, yes I was definitely more active! On my feed all day at work, dancing all night, and on my days off I was running around, playing the parks! OF COURSE I lost weight!

And like Belle said, it's not like you HAVE to gain weight. We are all in control of our own destinys...choose to eat well - choose to be active - choose a healthy lifestyle, and you won't gain weight.

This may be controversial, but sorry, to blame WDW for one's weight gain is just an excuse. Mickey didn't make you eat McD's greasy crap and drink kegs of beer...YOU ('you' being general) chose to do that.

Make wise choices and you'll be fine. It IS that easy.

20. MyLittlePony

MyLittlePony New Member

Amen to that!

The reason I gained weight though, was because I maintained my fairly active lifestyle, but did not really maintain my balanced diet. Food here in Norway is very healthy, very natural compared to American food. (EG we don't have cheese that doesn't melt in the microwave, whats up with that?) I didn't know (or see) any Norwegian girls who lost weight during their stay, only gained. And no wonder, when you eat Chinese for lunch every day instead of a self-made pack of sandwiches. Pizza for dinner instead of a nice steak dinner or porridge (!!!). For many people, I think it was a question of leaving home (and not bothering to cook) instead of just staying home (and have your mom cook, haha).
    Me being lazy, I swore to Walmart ready-made salads on my last visit. If you're gonna buy something easy to prepare, buy something healthy! And by all means, lay off the cheese!!!