weight gain!

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by emma, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Lam

Lam New Member

Hi! So i just want to tell you that i was in florida for a year and just recently came back- went out there and lived in the treehouses where there was no fast food or anything in site so therefore had to eat what i bought at walmart or publix.. therefore i lost quite a lot of weight resulting in having to buy a new wardrobe lol as my shorts were falling off and had to get extra holes put in my belts...
    but then in january i moved to vista way where just 2mins away from the complex is chickfila, wendys etc and its just so handy to go in there- so i put most of the weight back on again :(

so my advice is to stay away from fast food places- but this is pretty much impossible when they are everywhere you look and cant be bothered to cook anything in the heat or if you are coming home from work late and didnt get your break on time before the mousecateria shut youl be ordering dominos at all hours...

2. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

Aaah, I only missed the cafeteria once, and then my manager was so nice she let me have a free sandwich from the bakery ;D But it's so tempting with eating out or ordering in, it's just to easy :p

3. leomgray

leomgray New Member

It is very tempting, but if that is all u have all day then it isnt that bad cos ur only having one, when i was in florida a couple of years ago we ate out every nights eating fatty foods but i did not eat during the day and so i ended up losing weight, just drink water and juice all day if that is possible, the heat doesnt put me in the mood for food a lot.

4. CaseyMac

CaseyMac New Member

I've been here six weeks and I am eating absolute garbage... eating out all the time but I have slowed down on my Pepsi intake and drink a TON of water and walk EVERYWHERE and I am happy to say I have lost almost 20 lbs in six weeks! Just make sure you drink LOTS of water and keep up with the walking and you should be fine!

5. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Ye, the heat also can help.

6. I have only been here for 4 weeks and I have already lost some weight. Dunno how much but I know I have with the heat and my job meaning that I am drinking a ton of water and walking everywhere,

7. burtner

burtner New Member

Great job on the weight loss! I was wondering if anyone can tell me a bit more about the WalMart/Publix where we can buy our own food. Is it actually well stocked with variety? I'd like to try and cook my own food but I can only do so much if the food they sell isn't very healthy. For instance, do they sell whole grain products, lots of different fruits/veggies, fresh fish, tofu, or more exotic stuff like swiss chard, kale, quinoa, sushi, etc.

People say the WalMart has everything, but my definition of everything might be different from what other people think. Any insight would be appreciated, since I am not sure what to expect in terms of food.

8. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

I cannot wait for all the fresh fruit and veggies.

9. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

I know one thing; the healthy food is soooo expensive!

10. burtner

burtner New Member

gah...that disappoints me, though it's expensive enough here in Canada too.

11. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Healthy food is expensive anywhere you go. But it is worth it, especially when you order a side order of ceasar salad instead of french fries.

12. ~Disney_Princess~

~Disney_Princess~ New Member

but with all the dressing, cheese and crutons ceaser salad isn't reallymuch better, it just sounds like it is lol ;)

13. burtner

burtner New Member

Buying/making your own healthy food has got to be cheaper in the end then constantly eating out...I just hope I can find the time and energy.

14. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

It's probably cheaper than eating out, but its lots more expensive than buying the unhealthy food in the stores...

15. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Well if you run to and from the restaurants then your bound to burn off what you have just eaten, lol.

16. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

hahaha
    That's what were doing. We will eat really bad but run to get everywhere.

17. leomgray

leomgray New Member

Yes, a great strategy. dont need to be worried about gaining weight.

My two favourite places to eat at in Florida are The Golden Corral and Macaronni Grill. I would probably be eating there a lot.

18. TinkTingeling

TinkTingeling New Member

I love the golden coral simply because they have a dessert buffet with soft served ice cream and a lot of great toppings :D But my absolute favorite place must be Perkins ;D

19. leomgray

leomgray New Member

I have never been to Perkins.

20. TraceyBrown

TraceyBrown New Member

CC's Pizza?

Common! It's like a 6.99 buffet with all you can eat dessert and everything too.
    Oh man. I miss it!