What is exactly the H2B alumni program?

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by kayleeha, Jan 10, 2007.

1. kayleeha

kayleeha New Member

Please I am very interested to know exactly what is the H2B alumni program, what is the difference between the college program or the representative cultural program? Somebody does it program? Is it like an intenship or a real job? ??? ???

2. kahluafan

kahluafan New Member

You need a degree, but it basically allows you to train for a certificate in Theme Pack management, you can be any age and apply, as long as you have a degree, means us students graduating this year can do it :)

3. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

u dont need a degree at all. its just a seasonal work program basically

4. kayleeha

kayleeha New Member

Thank you very much, it is clear now. You know if there are a lot of vacation for this program?

5. kahluafan

kahluafan New Member

Sorry i posted on the wrong thread :S

6. Jorden

Jorden New Member

No vacation time at all, you get 2 days off a week maximum, you can get 4 in a row by requesting Friday-Monday off, but thats the biggest block of time off you can get.

7. Dannii

Dannii New Member

is there no chance to request ADO's?? i thought so...

dani

8. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

i requested days off as my regular days off, not even ADOs and they still got denied :-\

9. Dannii

Dannii New Member

Always depends on the scheduler... My scheduler liked me and I got all the days that I wanted.. I even got 7 days in a row off, worked on day and got another 3 days off and I had requested them just a week before... If they are in a bad mood they won't get u any ADO's - not even in a slow season.... Noone really understands those "SCHEDULERS"..

10. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Nope ADOs wern't alloud on the H2B program. They considered us US CPs and thus we had to work 5 days a week (at least thats what my scheduler put after I was denied a few ADOs)

11. PrincessJilly

PrincessJilly New Member

i rarely worked 5 days!

is giving a shift away considered the same as an ADO?

12. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Nope they schedule you for 5 days (thats required) if you can manage to give up your shifts thats fine.

But as I said depending on location you may or may not be able to do this, I couldn't give up a few shifts because they would give people 30 mins or an hour of Overtime for the week.

13. Elvira

Elvira New Member

Hey, everyone and Jorden! We just received that letter here in Russia. But still not sure. I wonder how long it takes for them to reply. Can't wait. It's horrible!

14. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Hey good to see you finally found a way to go back!

15. Elvira

Elvira New Member

Hey, Jorden!! Guess what - I got the reply... And I'll BE BACK (most likely in May)! Finally!!

16. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Well congrats again! Any idea what type of work you'll be doing and how long you'll be there for?

17. Elvira

Elvira New Member

Thanks! I know for sure that Operations is a job for me. Most exciting position I believe. And I'll be there for at least 5 months!!! Then......I'll think about it. There is a big maybe to extend! And what about you?? I know nothing about you!

18. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Sounds like fun!

I did operations and loved it (it was the job for me), but I'm going for a year in June for merch this time. Not the dream job but I'm right back down there so thats good enough for me!

19. Elvira

Elvira New Member

I think since you're in Disney it doesn't really matter. Any position will actually be great. Moreover I have many friends doing merch - their life seems to be very interesting!! You know they got a lot benefits. And hey if you'll come in June probably we can see each other!

20. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Hmm I don't know about merch benefits but sounds good to me :D. Sure we'll have to do some days in the parks later this year.