What is exactly the H2B alumni program?

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by kayleeha, Jan 10, 2007.

1. DisneyGibbs

DisneyGibbs Active Member

I love how guests expect us to speak Spanish as well....duh

2. Elvira

Elvira New Member

yeah..they were always so irritated that my name is ELVIRA and I don't speak Spanish. Moreover I do look like I'm from Spain or somewhere there(you can tell from my pic).
    So What? :-\

3. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yeah I mean I could understand a little more if it was an official language of the USA (like how Canada has English and French as official languages), but really since it's not an official language don't expect to find a bund of people who can speak it ya know?

4. Elvira

Elvira New Member

I guess I gotta start learning Spanish. I got a letter from Disney. :) They got an offer to come in May till September.Sounds interesting, huh? But only Custodial and Quick ServiceFood&Beverage positions are available..........doesn't sound nice to me at all... These positons don't fit me. Why not smth else....?

5. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Well Spanish isn't an official language so really you shouldn't have to know it...

And yeah I wouldn't do custodial myself (cleaning up protein spills at mission space? No thanks!) but I did a month of QS F&B and it isn't really that bad but it depends on where you get, I know a lot of people who wern't happy at Electric Umbrella for example.

6. Elvira

Elvira New Member

Oh yeah, I heard a lot about Electric Umbrella. There were guys who changed their working places from El.Umbrella to the Imagination Pavillion. They said they had to work like cursed and for the same pay! Poor things... That's what I don't want!

7. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Probably my roommate... Watkins (big, loud, rude, but still funny)... he hated that place so much but loved Imag.

8. Elvira

Elvira New Member

Oh my God you know Watkins!!! What a surprise! I do know him. Do you know his friends - Melissa, Travis and others? We had a lot of fun together but he doesn't seem to be rude(at least he wasn't with us). Ohhhh, I miss them so much..... We had kinda party when I was leaving and Watking made gravy - which was supposed to be traditional Canadian Food(he's so hilarious!). And I got many more fond memories.... make me smile.... :)

9. Jorden

Jorden New Member

No I don't know his friends sorry lol, and yeah I dunno weither it was just me or not but it seemed more often than not this he said were on the rude side. Maybe he was more or less venting to the roomates? agree he was really funny... especially one night when I came home from work and he was quite intoxicated to put it simply.

10. Elvira

Elvira New Member

Well, trust me he can be really nice.(Watkins intoxicated? wow)
    when were you at Disney? I was June-September living in Vista Way. And you?

11. Jorden

Jorden New Member

I was June-November in Chatham (same program and everything as Watkins).

Yeah I didn't see him much but I'd imagine he'd have to have a nice side to make it through is program (saw enough rude people get termed while I was there).

Yeah I saw him drunk a few times, he didn't get drunk often I don't think.... it was interesting... and humorous... he had something that was 100% alcohol at one point lol.

12. Elvira

Elvira New Member

Yeah, must be funny - a big drunk Canadian. Especially Watkins.
    By the way, looks like I got no other choice than coming back with Quick Service F&B position.....They said they got no other options left...............what a pity!! And what if I'll be thrown to Electric Umbrella!! I'll shoot myself ???

13. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yeah maybe you can be lucky and request to not go there? But then again theres SO many other places you could wind up so you can't really worry too much about it.

14. Elvira

Elvira New Member

Ok....Well, firstly, I'm not even sure if I'll get the visa or not... not sure...But I do hope to!

15. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yeah I suppose it's gotta be tough to wait on the Visa thing... I dunno why it's so easy for Canadians to get it, but good luck!

16. Elvira

Elvira New Member

It's easy for u to get the visa to US and for me to get the visa to our nearest countries. I guess Russia is toooooooo far from the States than you are!!(actually u're tooooooooo close :) ) Anyway - thanx a lot!

17. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yeah true, although for a work visa (for some reason, and only for Disney) us Canadians don't have to go to the embasy or pay anything so it is really easy... thats the weird thing.

18. Elvira

Elvira New Member

Yeah....... but who cares it's weird. More important is the result!! I'm still waiting to hear from Disney...Time flies by - Disney keeps silence..

19. Jorden

Jorden New Member

Yeah one more good luck, hopefully you'll hear soon.

I'm still waiting for my pack and such about this trip I'm going back on.

20. Elvira

Elvira New Member

Can't wait to see my friends again. Some of them extended. I thought I won't see them any more... :)