working dress

Discussion in 'Alumni Discussion' started by Franny, May 1, 2005.

1. Franny

Franny New Member

hey guys!

I'll start working in september, but I've got a few questions:

how many dresses do we get there?
    do we have to wash them by ourselves?
    what's with the working shoes? we have to bring them or do we get there? we have to pay for it?

can someone please tell me?!

thanks a lot

fran

2. ItsTough2BePatty

ItsTough2BePatty New Member

Hey!
    I was allowed to take 5 costumes at a time. You dont have to wash them yourself if you dont want to, you just take them back to costuming and take clean ones.
    I did however wash mine cause they didnt have many in my size so it was easier for me t wash them and have the right size thn go around in an XL shirt when I needed a M. lol
    About shoes they will tell you on your first day tehre what kind you need and you can go to the outlet mall and get them ;)

3. Franny

Franny New Member

thanks for the infomation.
    so I don't have to bring work shoes with me and there's some more place in my case for other (nicer) shoes ;D

fran

4. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

If you find a costume that fits you alright (because none will fit you perfect!!!!), KEEP IT!!! I always washed mine myself...most people did I think. It's not like you don't have laundry to do anyways, and it lets you take the later bus and not have to worry about going to costuming in the morning after a late night.

Shan

5. Franny

Franny New Member

yeah, think i'll do it this way. thanks.
    and what about the laundry and dryer? do i have to pay for it?

fran

6. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Not in the Commons. They are in your apartment. In Vista, and I think also in Chatham they are communal and you have to pay.

Shan

7. emma

emma New Member

hahah!!! duno y i am excited about free laundry...i duno ow to do it neway...will sum1 teach me? :-\

8. Lindsey

Lindsey Guest

Im sure we'll manage to teach you. can you cook?

xx

9. SarahJane

SarahJane New Member

Hmmm are things different there now?

When I was there, you were only permitted to take one costume at a time, and it got scanned to your ID. If you tried to get a second costume, it would show in the computer and you would have to turn it in before getting a new one.

Also, we couldn't take our costumes home. You would turn in your costume at the end of the day, and they would wash it for you. You would then request a new costume before your next shift.

There would be security at the doors of costuming and they would check your bags before you left. If you had a costume, that could be considered theft and you could be terminated. We were never permitted to leave the parks with a costume (ok yes yes, sure some people snuck them out, but you weren't supposed to and security was quite strict).

I wore my own socks though (even though they had ones for us), but we had to wear the costume-issued boots (that might be just a Canada thing).

Anyways so have things changed?

10. shannybanany

shannybanany New Member

Yep! Clearly they have. The system is now called something like castzooming or costzooming or something. Magic Kingdom, I believe, is the only park that doesn't have it...but I could be wrong...I know there is one park that doesn't do it. You can check out up to 5 costumes at a time. You can keep them all year and wash them yourself and then return them at the end of your year. A couple days before you leave you can just go get a print out of what you have out and check that you have it all. I went a couple weeks before so I could see what I had and then a couple days before my last day to get the list. My first list had a ton of stuff on it, and when I went to get the second list most of the stuff had disappeared!! It only showed that I had two costumes I think, but I had more than that for sure. So I might have just checked the numbers and a costume that wasn't on the list may have ended up in my suitcase. Kinda fun. Although, I was a bit of a pain in the ass because they couldn't figure out why I was returning more than was on the list!

We can wear our own socks and in Canada we can wear our own footwear. I actually did get my boots at work though. The pavilion used to sell Roots boots and they had a few LITTLE sizes left over, so if they fit you, the managers would sell them to you for really cheap...I think it was like 10 bucks. I never paid though. I kept asking my mgr if they wanted the 10 bucks and he always said he'd get it later!!! Good deal for me. Other people had boots they'd bought at home or Walmart or wherever.

It's great because you don't have to be at work early and you hardly need to use your locker in costuming.

Shan

11. ItsTough2BePatty

ItsTough2BePatty New Member

Cast zooming and MK does it now too, they just opened a big wardrobe building by West Clock so they can take their costumes with them. It's kinda funny seeing MK costumes out of the park thoug.